06-25-2012, 05:51 AM #1
Reformatting WD internal SATA hdd
- Member Since
- Jun 25, 2012
I own a 13' macbook pro, might of been a 2.6ghz intel core duo? cant exactly remember now. It was purchased early last year in march. The toshiba hard drive that came with the macbook malfunctioned, according to the genius people at the apple store and they suggested i buy a new one. Got a 500gb 5400 2.5' internal. installed it into the macbook pro and when i tried to install snow leopard onto it, it didnt find the hdd, so i went into disk utility and chose to reformat the drive. When reformatting i got an error stating: Partition failed with the error: File system formatter failed. I also get another error occasionally stating that the input and output failed.
Thanks in advance.
06-25-2012, 11:03 AM #2
- Member Since
- Oct 01, 2007
- 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone7, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
Is this what you've done?
1. Boot from your Snow Leopard Installer Disc. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue button.
2. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.
3. In Disk Utility select your hard drive from the left side panel.
click on the Partition tab in the Disk Utility main window.
4. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to 1.
5. Change the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Options button and set the partition scheme to GUID then click OK.
6.Once completed quit Disk Utility and return to the installer. Carry on with the installNot been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .
Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Rocker4301 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM
By mulmex51 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
By Zahne in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM
By lornegustafson in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-19-2007, 07:08 PM