Specs:
    MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
    Macbook pro needs a boost
    Hi there!

First of all, I really don't know where to put this thread... So I just put it here, and if someone would have a suggestion on where to put it, please be my guest!

I am the proud owner of a Macbook pro since december 2009 running on Snow Leopard.
    He's starting to let me down though, getting slower and slower with the day, and some things won't always work until I restart the laptop. In fact I want to give my macbook a complete boost. I was thinking about a clean install (I upgraded to lion just a few weeks ago, but without the boost result I hoped) but because of reasons it would be difficult to get some applications back to working. In some way, I just want to start "anew". With a completely clean laptop, no hiding files slowing it down etc.
    Any ideas?

Cheers, Lily !

NOTE: English is not my mother language so please just see through minor mistakes I may have made above, thank you.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by himmelstorte View Post
    Hi there!

First of all, I really don't know where to put this thread... So I just put it here, and if someone would have a suggestion on where to put it, please be my guest!

I am the proud owner of a Macbook pro since december 2009 running on Snow Leopard.
    He's starting to let me down though, getting slower and slower with the day, and some things won't always work until I restart the laptop. In fact I want to give my macbook a complete boost. I was thinking about a clean install (I upgraded to lion just a few weeks ago, but without the boost result I hoped) but because of reasons it would be difficult to get some applications back to working. In some way, I just want to start "anew". With a completely clean laptop, no hiding files slowing it down etc.
    Any ideas?

Cheers, Lily !

NOTE: English is not my mother language so please just see through minor mistakes I may have made above, thank you.
    Get a faster drive. 7200RPM HDD or a SSD. Why would it be difficult to get applications back to working order if you did a clean install?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Why would it be difficult to get applications back to working order if you did a clean install?
    Just because. I'm not a genius with computers, but I'm quite good. Please just believe me if I say it is like that...
    But thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at it!

Thread Information