Changing battery on MBP?
    My MBP is saying I need a battery change soon. I got it in 2009 and my warranty is up in a month or so. Will this be covered under warranty?

If not would it be easy to change it myself?[If I can easily do it, and for cheaper than the mac store I'd love to do it]

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    You don't say which specific MBP, but checkout iFixIt's teardown of the 2009 13" MBP and see if that's something you want to do.

Not sure if the Apple warranty covers battery, my guess is no, but I honestly don't know..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    You don't say which specific MBP, but checkout iFixIt's teardown of the 2009 13" MBP and see if that's something you want to do.

Not sure if the Apple warranty covers battery, my guess is no, but I honestly don't know..
    Oh it's a 15 inch.

I did a quick google search and there wasn't much info on it, but what I saw said it wasn't covered. Although I thought it covered everything but damage you did yourself. Which the battery issue isn't caused by me.

Edit: I checked out the site and it seems easy enough. All I have to do it un do two screws right?

Specs:
    mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
    does not hurt to take it to apple store check it out, see what they have to say.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalway View Post
    Oh it's a 15 inch.
    The more important model info would be whether it has a "user replaceable battery"...or the technically (found on newer models) "non-user replaceable battery".

Quote Originally Posted by foreverandalway View Post
    I did a quick google search and there wasn't much info on it, but what I saw said it wasn't covered. Although I thought it covered everything but damage you did yourself. Which the battery issue isn't caused by me.
    Applecare covers manufacturing defects only. Following the strict warranty details...the battery is a "consumable"...and not covered under Applecare...UNLESS...it can be shown that a manufacturing defect exists.

Not to say folks haven't been lucky to get a new battery (during the Applecare coverage period)...I have been a lucky person myself in that respect. But someone SHOULD NOT expect a free replacement battery with Applecare (without a manufacturing defect).

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information