New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

television recording?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Arichards

Arichards is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

Is there any way to record TV onto mac OS X?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.elgato.com/

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichards
Is there any way to record TV onto mac OS X?
As previously posted, Elegato makes some nice ones. I myself have been looking into picking one up. There is actually a knock-off of Elegato's EyeTV 200 (one I've been looking into) made by Plextor, called the Plextor ConvertX PVR. It has everything that the EyeTV 200 has, but retails for $100 less (granted, without a remote, but eh, is that really that big of a deal?).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
gbv5501

gbv5501 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. Keeping it simple these days.

If you have a Motorola digital converter from a cable service provider with a firewire output you can utilize this: http://mac_hdtv_timer.home.comcast.net/index.html
I haven't got a chance to use it yet but some friends have with good results. I could see Apple including software similar to this in the Mini and including the Front Row interface to make a formidable machine with a miniscule footprint in the living room.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Two issues I'm having... | Screen Spanning Doctor - Potential powerhouse? »