New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro Cant get past Log in screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thomas_mk6

thomas_mk6 is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys i am new to the forum but i need some help. I stupidly let my pro run down to 0 on the batter with a lot of applications running. Screen went black so i ran for the charger, plugged it in and pressed the power button. Now all i get is the spinning disc of death for a while when i turn it on but it does eventually go to the log in screen. When i get there i pop my password in, the screen goes white and it just goes straight back to the log in screen again.

i have started in repair mode and repaired the disk but i still get the same thing. Also i cant re boot from the cd as i have a dodgy disc drive and it just keeps throwing the cd out again

help me please!!
QUOTE Thanks
TheMacMania

TheMacMania is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display

hi thomas,

did you try a hardware reset? see here how that works - TheMacMania - Tips, Tricks and more for your Mac Computer or a ram reset might help.
i don't think its a big issue to run your battery to zero, actually you should do sometimes because this increases the capacity of your battery

My Mac Journey! Tips and Tricks I share with you - http://www.themacmania.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hdd full??? | problems backing up »