New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro won't recognize charger

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AlexMD6

AlexMD6 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday, my charger stopped working from the wires fraying at the magsafe l connector. I cut and split the wires and was testing on my friends computer since mine was dead. I plugged it in and it said "Not Charging" but the light was still on, I then flipped the wires thinking that I could have put it on the wrong way and now it won't recognize the macbook charger is there at all, or any charger.

What could have gone wrong? I assume a short circuit is the issue but what would that damage and how would I go about fixing this?
QUOTE Thanks
charlesj

charlesj is on a distinguished road

Time to get another one....Hint....Buy one from a Mac dealer. I thought I'd save some money & bought one on e-bay....First one was DOA....The second lasted 6 days then wouldn't work....so I bought one from a mac dealer & have had no problems....
QUOTE Thanks
fluhartz

fluhartz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.9.1, iPhone 4s, ATV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
Time to get another one....Hint....Buy one from a Mac dealer. I thought I'd save some money & bought one on e-bay....First one was DOA....The second lasted 6 days then wouldn't work....so I bought one from a mac dealer & have had no problems....

agreed.
It's a different piece of equipment, but I bought a cheaper thunderbolt to hdmi cable so I could hook my MBP up to my TV. Well it worked without a hitch the first time I used it. That was it, the end came a little loose and it wouldn't work again. You can find good deals sometimes, but you get what you pay for....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro key broken - not just popped off! | MacBook pro serious problem won't start up »