New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro Liquid Damage - Out of Ideas; Help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kiotie

Kiotie is on a distinguished road

I recently got in a MacBook Pro 13" mid-2009 laptop (specs: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) - Technical Specifications) which suffers from liquid damage. So far I've cleaned the logic board of corrosion as much as I can and I have also replaced the MagSafe board that connects to the Logic Board. I know there isn't much hope for the system, but any extra ideas before I scrap the machine will certainly help. Here's what the laptop is doing:

When I plug in the MagSafe adapter (I've tried two separate adapters so far), the indicator light dimly and quickly blinks between green and amber colors. The battery indicator blinks the first light, and I've verified that the power button/keyboard works by holding it in while the indicator blinks to make the light a steady green. The battery is not charging and there is no sign of life at all when the power button is pressed. As said before, I've cleaned as much as I can on the logic board but it hasn't changed.

So, do any of you have some ideas for a desperate guy such as myself? Not expecting a miracle, but anything will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kiotie
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Other than suggesting reading this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...ow-thread.html

...not much else to offer. If the logic board has/had corrosion...not a good sign.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moshied my MBP | How to keep macbook on when its is closed »