RAM Upgrade - Will it alleviate these problems?
    Originally I attributed my constant crashing to a Nvidia GPU failure. However, I don't think this is the case. I currently output to a 24in Dell Monitor Ultrasharp running 1920*1200. I checked and my GPU supports this resolutiong but I'm sure it puts a massive load on all the processes resulting in crashing and other issues. I recently purchased 8gb of RAM to upgrade the stock 4gb that came with my mid-2010 Macbook Pro i7. Obviously I'll find out when I install it if the problems persist but I wanted further opinion. Thanks.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    You're unlikely to get a crash from lack of RAM. That resolution is well within the capabilities of your MBP.
    Do you get any instability when using the MacBooks screen rather than the monitor?

When you put the new memory in, in the interim, remove the existing ram and see if the issue persists.

It's also worth running a deisk verify/repair and get Onyx and run the Automated Tests in that.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    You're unlikely to get a crash from lack of RAM. That resolution is well within the capabilities of your MBP.
    Do you get any instability when using the MacBooks screen rather than the monitor?

When you put the new memory in, in the interim, remove the existing ram and see if the issue persists.

It's also worth running a deisk verify/repair and get Onyx and run the Automated Tests in that.
    I do get some instability running just the MBP screen. I ran all the automated tests. Everything seems fine, I'm not sure what I'm looking for though.

I agree with mrplow. Lack RAM will not cause the system to crash. It will just make the system run slower when the RAM get used up and the OS has to go to the swap file on the HDD to emulate physical RAM.

Should I just bring into Apple Care again? They already checked everything and said it was fine. I'm seriously suspecting a logic board failure or some sort, but that's some major money.

Thread Information