New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Air - Lion - Random Key Press when Waking up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Yona

Yona is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have a MacBook Air (second gen) running Lion. The laptop works fine, but when I wake it up from sleep (opening the lid and then pressing the power button) I have noticed a strange behaviour with the keyboard.

Basically as i type, the letter "h" seems to randomly appear on my text. So if I am typing "Yona" I will look at the screen and see "Yohnahh". I noticed I can fix that by hitting "h" a few times or simply restarting the computer.

You may think it is hardware related but:

* It only happens when the computer comes back from sleep
* It can be fixed hitting the key but then if I change to another windows (i.e.: from chrome to texteditor) it may happen again.

So any idea of what this could be?

Thanks so much,

Yona
QUOTE Thanks
lifeisabeach

lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

That is extremely weird, but my gut instinct is still hardware, like a stuck key. Here's some things to try:

Reset the PRAM. It stores some settings related to the keyboard, so maybe resetting it will fix it.

If that doesn't fix it, try creating a new user and see if the problems persist under that user. If it doesn't, then we have a better idea of what to look for and may be a simpler fix. If it does persist under a new user, then this gets a bit tougher to troubleshoot and fix.
QUOTE Thanks
Yona

Yona is on a distinguished road

Thank you, will try that and post my findings here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How much for new Hard Drive from Apple uk | Macbook to LG LCD TV »