New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Can you replace Air's (a1304/1237) without removing top cover?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

a4rings

a4rings is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I have a 2010 macbook air (a1304) with a cracked LCD and every DIY I have seen requires entry through the back of the laptop the removal of nearly every component in the computer.

Then you separate the top and bottom of the computer (lcd portion and keyboard portion)

then you procede to remove the outer bezel (double sided tape) etc.

My question is: If there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY HINGES can i simply remove the bezel around the LCD and then remove the 4 screws holding to the LCD to the outer top shell while the top and bottom of the laptop are still attatched to eachother?

Some DIY's

Installing MacBook Air Models A1237 and A1304 Display Assembly - iFixit

How to Replace the Macbook Air Hinges and LCD

I mean if it is really only the 4 screws holding down the LCD then this method should work for the first generation macbook air as well.

Here is a DIY for LCD repair on a 11 inch air (2nd gen) and it doesnt reequire separating the top and bottom of the computer

MacBook Air 11-inch LCD Screen Take Apart Repair Disassembly by TechRestore - YouTube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Serious trouble | Crack in MBP screen »