Defective apple mac book pro 13" 2011
    MAIN PROBLEM - sudden freeze about once a day. The i7 processor stops working and computer will completely freeze, however the disc keeps making quiet sound. Every time i had to shut it down using on/off button and restart it again.

POSSIBLE CAUSE - however in january for the first time the fan came on inside the laptop and the computer was working fine for one week until the fan stopped working and the very next day it started freezing again. The fan was loud and it never came back on again.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    SOLUTION - Your 2011 MacBook Pro most likely has some Applecare warranty remaining on it...so go to your local Apple Store for them to check it out (or ship it to Apple if a store is not near).

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Actually the fans on all MBPs are always on. they spin at about 2000RPMs until the system get hot then they speed up. you normally can't hear them until they speed up.

You need to take your notebook in for service. Something is wrong with it.

i wish i could... am in moscow russia and the apple care here is nonexistent..

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by karenoganyan View Post
    i wish i could... am in moscow russia and the apple care here is nonexistent..
    Are you 100% sure the Applecare solutions in this link will not work??:

Refund/Money Back Warranty - APPLE-BAY LIMITED - Seller

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

i did take it to DeepApple Third ul.Yamskogo field 16
    they kept it for one week and said they didn't find anything wrong with it.
    wtf..

i did extensive research on different forums and blogs thinking maybe its a common problem with i7 processor but didn't find anyone else complaining about the same issue.
    it seems that the less programs i have open and running the more often it will freeze. i installed the update to the OS and it froze twice that very same day.
    one thing i know for certain now that regardless of a software i am using it will freeze just as suddenly as before.

Not sure it this is the problem but all MBPs have a built in Sudden Motion Sensor which can be triggered fairly easily. When it freezes are you moving it or is it on a surface that moves around? Like on your lap or bed or even on the floor that vibrates.

If the SMS gets triggered it shuts the hard drive down, Docks the heads on the drive so they won't slam into the spinning platters.
    There is a terminal command to turn off the SMS. You could try turning it off and see if it clears up.

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    The sudden motion sensors are not going to hard crash a computer. Something else is wrong with the computer, and I would not recommend turning off SMS.

Have you tried checking the hard drive for errors? This is done in Disk Utility. Also might be a good idea to do the hardware test if you have access to the original install media.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    The sudden motion sensors are not going to hard crash a computer. Something else is wrong with the computer, and I would not recommend turning off SMS.

Have you tried checking the hard drive for errors? This is done in Disk Utility. Also might be a good idea to do the hardware test if you have access to the original install media.

Well I would recommend it as a test and that is what I said.
    There is something wrong, I wasn't says there wasn't.
    Do you know what that is?

Sorry but I don't understand why you had to debunk my suggestion. At this point trying all kinds of different things is called for. Just like your suggestion to check the drive for errors. Do you think that hard drive errors could make the system hard crash and stop responding? So could the SMS shutting the hard drive down.

So why not just give your suggestion and stop trying to rule the rest of the posts here.
    I know, you won't.

I actually have mine turned off. Haven't had a problem with it off. I don't walk around with it with the lid open. So it is either off or in sleep mode when I move it.

Thanks.

its not a problem with the sms that's for sure. computer is sitting still on a flat surface, and i regularly repair the permissions on disk utility. it doesn't do anything.
    its the i7 processor that freezes the 13" mbp

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    its not a problem with the sms that's for sure. computer is sitting still on a flat surface, and i regularly repair the permissions on disk utility. it doesn't do anything.
    I'm talking about checking the drive, not permissions. It's on the other side of the window from Repair Permissions.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Then you may have a problem with the logic board. Apple solders the CPU and GPU to the logic board so the only way to replace either of those is to replace the complete logic board.

did it many times, found nothing wrong with it.
    software is aslo okay

Thread Information