New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Would you?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

newbimac

newbimac is on a distinguished road

Just last week bought a 13" MacBook Air with cost me 1200. Found out today that through an employee discount scheme I can get an 11" with the 128gb SSD for 500.

Now I bought the 13" because of the better battery life but at better than half price I am considering returning it for the 11".

What would you do?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimac View Post
Just last week bought a 13" MacBook Air with cost me 1200. Found out today that through an employee discount scheme I can get an 11" with the 128gb SSD for 500.

Now I bought the 13" because of the better battery life but at better than half price I am considering returning it for the 11".

What would you do?
I would be on my way to the Apple Store with receipt and 13 in MBA in hand . . .

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

If it's the 4gb version, and you don't need the extra couple inches, do it.

You can't upgrade the RAM in an Air after purchase, so that'd be a deal breaker for me, as with 2gb you'd soon be left wanting more.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
newbimac

Yeah it's the 4gb version that ordinarily retails fir 999. It's just the extra battery that made the 13" appealing to me. But I think I could live wIth it for the bargain I would be getting.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Why are you still here?

Seriously, 699 pounds (or US dollars will buy quite a bit)

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Sweet!

Two questions;

Who do you work for?

Do they have any vacancies?

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Sweet!

Two questions;

Who do you work for?

Do they have any vacancies?
Can you buy extras for friends?

No . . . Don't tempt me.

QUOTE Thanks
newbimac

Work for an insurance company. No jobs going, but don't think you'd want one anyway, lol.

But I think I'll be heading to the apple store tomorrow.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Just spent 3 days going over that same decision ( minus the savings ) with my best gal...she decided on the 11 and couldn't be happier!

Clay
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I think the question you need to ask is "do I need the extra battery life?" Five hours of battery usage is still pretty respectable and if you're anything like me, you're never far from an outlet anyway.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

to change them out. I have the 11" with 4 gig memory and a 256 gig SSD and love it. Battery life is excellent.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speaker Imbalance towards the right | PC to mac rage »