Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" Intel i5 4GB RAM. Intel P4 w/ HT @ 3.0GHz 4GB RAM Debian GNU/Linux
    Got my first Mac :)
    I just bought a MacBook Pro base model 13 inch. I love it

I've got my favorite music player (Banshee) installed and everything works amazingly. I'm having some slight issues with configuring my NFS mounts but hopefully I can figure it out. Also, can I use an NFS mount for Time Machine?

Specs:
    Mac Mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz C2D CPU, 4GB RAM, 2x500GB HDD) - iPad Air (4G, 16GB) - iPhone SE (64GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImageJPEG View Post
    can I use an NFS mount for Time Machine?
    A question about using networked drives for Time Machine back-ups was recently asked here.

You'll find a lot of your questions have probably been asked - and answered - before; always try a search before posting a new thread, it saves you - and the rest of us - a lot of time!

Good luck resolving your issue, enjoy your Mac and your time here on Mac-Forums
    For my purposes as an engineering graduate; Windows is respectable (& generally necessary), Linux is admirable (& often useful), OS X is enjoyable (& requires no further justification, although plenty could be given)!

Specs:
    Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz
    Congrats on your new purchase from one new Macbook Pro owner to another.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" Intel i5 4GB RAM. Intel P4 w/ HT @ 3.0GHz 4GB RAM Debian GNU/Linux
    I'm still having issues with my NFS server. I even had a senior representative from enterprise tech support try to help me with no luck. Basically I've tried connecting via Finder. From the "Go" menu. However, I receive an error after typing "nfs://192.168.1.3/home/shared". Weird thing is, DiskUtility says it has found the server and can connect to it. However, when I go to one of the mount points I setup in Disk Utility, no luck. I'm curious if there's special settings I would need to use/enable on the Linux box.

I know that my MacBook Pro can connect to the server because I also run a Minecraft server on my NFS server. I can connect to that without any problems :/

Specs:
    I took a video of what the issue I'm having is.

Mac OS Lion: NFS Mounting Issues - YouTube

Specs:
    Anybody?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    This page discusses mounting NFS and a similar issue to yours. They suggest creating an Alias... worth a punt:
    Mac OS X Lion Samba and AFP workarounds | frankly at a glance.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

If mrplow's suggestion doesn't work, try using a symbolic link instead of an alias. The BSD subsystem of OS X doesn't recognize aliases, but symlinks it does. Finder thinks they are the same thing.
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/swi...ml#post1234677

Also try putting your NFS folder in the root directory. Maybe there's some permissions issues going on with your home folder. You should also try repairing permissions.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61175880/Scr...41.38%20PM.png

Still no luck :/
    I know I'm trying to cd to /NFS and not /Users/josh/NFS by the way. I tried opening the symbolic link under my user account folder with no luck either.

Specs:
    Any help?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    I need a username and password to get access to that website.

Nevermind, I've solved it!!!

Turns out I needed to add "insecure" to my "/etc/exports" file.

Quote Originally Posted by ImageJPEG View Post
    I need a username and password to get access to that website.

Nevermind, I've solved it!!!

Turns out I needed to add "insecure" to my "/etc/exports" file.
    Well now THAT is odd. No password was needed when I first found it, but now I do need one.

------
    ------

Thread Information