New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Screen Flicker/Shift

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

magickc

magickc is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I purchased a used macbook the other day and opened it to discover the screen flickers, but rather than just flickering on and off it flashes the content in a different position on the screen, for example my Macintosh HD Icon is sitting in the topright of the desktop and occasionally when the screen flashes it appears to just be a white flash but if you look closely the whole display has moved to the left as the icon appears top centre.

This problem seems to stop if im typing constantly. The flashing doesnt happen if there are other keystrokes which leads me to believe its a sticky key possibly? Has anybody had experience of this?

I have tried replacing the Data Display cable and its exactly the same problem.

Rob
QUOTE Thanks
magickc

Update-

This only stop when there is a keypress in a dialogue box so it is typing something. If you just type when sitting on the desktop then the flicker still occurs.

So possibly not a sticky key?
QUOTE Thanks
magickc

Another Update- I have looked at the refresh rate and it makes no difference, has anybody had any experience of anything like this before?
QUOTE Thanks
soulfire363

soulfire363 is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear, i can't help as I'm currently experiencing similar issues. Except if i command m a windowed World of Warcraft, the screen will show me things that used to be on my screen while its maximizing, for example images from my school site or my top sites screen in safari.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dropped Macbook Pro Clicking & White screen | Replacement screen »