New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook pro issues... someone please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smokes90

smokes90 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I'll try and keep this short.

My macbook pro 13 inch 2010 model recently froze completely with the spinning beachball. I decided to forcefully switch it off and then turned it back on again.

It only got as far as the white screen with the grey apple logo perpetually loading but not getting anywhere.

I've tried all I could. I tried reinstalling snow leapard after formating the drive. (even formatting the drive was trouble as it chose to mount and unmount when it pleased.)

I thought I had the issue solved when I managed to reinstall snow leapard, but the same thing happened again.

I thought it might be a hard drive problem so I just bought a 1tb samsung HN-M101MBB. I put that in and reinstalled snow leapard.

The same thing started the happen again. The spinning beachball would freeze the screen every 2 minutes for about a minute. It eventually gave in and froze completely.

Is there any advice you can give me? What can I do to fix this? What could be the problem?

I desperately need my mac back!!
QUOTE Thanks
madwolfe

madwolfe is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8

You can always take it to Apple, they will know best how to fix it. Did you get Apple Care?
QUOTE Thanks
smokes90

I've booked an appointment with an apple 'genius'. I havent got apple care unfortunately. I hope it doesnt cost a lot. Thanks for the reply btw.
QUOTE Thanks
smokes90

The problem was the internal cable that connected the hard drive to the motherboard.

Solved!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro | Question Mark Problem Startup »