Help Troubleshoot Macbook Pro
    Hey, I have a late 2007 macbook pro 15" and i purchased the computer used about 2 years ago. Not sure of the history but it worked fine for over a year. I used the computer to play (WoW) and calmshell to my tv. Now when the computer is powered on it just repeatable spams the Mac chime with no display on the screen. Any help on how to troubleshoot this issue would be great.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Can you boot at all into safe mode? (hold down the shift key during boot) If safe mode doesn't work, have you tried booting with the install recovery DVD?

Unable to boot to safe mode or cd. I have tried to use on external monitor/tv and nothing.

Just keep chiming with no display then reboots and chims repeatable again till the next reboot.

Any other suggestions im willing to try anything at this point.

Specs:
    It sounds like the logic board may have gone south in the machine. Take a look at this Apple KB article and see if your MBP qualifies. You may have to bring the machine in to an Apple store for them to check out since it can't start up. If the logic board is dead or defective and it doesn't fall under the extended warranty mentioned in the KB article, it will probably cost more to repair than the machine is worth.

The only other suggestion I have is this: Try removing the hard drive from the machine and then see if it will boot from the CD. Sometimes a bad hard drive will cause the same symptoms. I know removing the drive from that machine is not an easy job. You might want to take a look at the removal instructions given at iFixit: The free repair manual.

Let us know how it goes....

yeah so i remove the hd, and its giving same symptoms to im guessing logic board?

I heard someone say that the repeating chims give an error message like bios beep codes on pc, is this true?

Specs:
    Yes, beep codes indicate a hardware error, usually bad memory. However, your machine is not emitting beeps, it's chiming over and over again. Which means it's trying to boot, it POSTS but fails to boot and starts over again.

My guess is that the logic board has failed but only an Apple tech will be able to confirm that for sure.

Thread Information