New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mac2Sell MacBook air pricing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

josephfazioli

josephfazioli will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.

Hey guys!

Im in the market for a MacBook air, because I need something more portable for work. I have seen several on Craigslist and whatnot, and noticed that everyone seems to be asking way too much.

I priced a few out on mac2sell, and the 2010 11 inch with 2 gb ram and 64 gb ssd is listed at 390. I couldn't get one guy to go below 750. Why the huge price drop for those models? Even the i5s are showing for 700 for the base model. The cheapest i5 model I found on my local cl was $1000! (base model, lol).

Where does mac2sell get their prices? Is there a reliable way to get close to that price?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Forget Mac2Sell when it comes to buying a used MBA. It's whatever the current market is. And since the MBA is the most popular Apple portable right now, expect to pay a premium price. You may be better off checking the Apple website for a refurbished MBA, but if you see one that you like buy it right away because it won't last long.
QUOTE Thanks
josephfazioli

josephfazioli will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13. 2.26. 4 gig.

Thanks for the reply. That's sort of what I was leaning toward, (ignoring mac2sell, that is) since they don't really have an option for "no disk drive." If you put "other" it knocks another $100 off.

I'd be curious to know if anyone is actually able to sell their base model MBA for $1000 on CL.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MY Macbook doesn't accept CD's or DVD's. | Help on choices please »