How to remove Absinthe software
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like to put a question to you more experienced mac users.
    A friend (honestly!) put a program called Absinthe onto my MacBook Pro and it is now in applications. I cannot get rid of the thing and I would like to. Can anyone please advise how I might delete this software? He also put Cydia and some other apps onto my iPad which will not erase so I am going to get rid of these through iTunes.

Thanks for answering.

Macv

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Did you check to see if the "Green Poison Absinthe" program has an uninstaller? I went to their website and the only thing that it shows is the download, no instructions for uninstalling.

How have you tried to remove it? Tell us what you did.

Specs:
    Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
    I did it on my MBP and it removed by dragging it to the trash. If that doesnt work then google a program called app cleaner for mac. It works really good.

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Has your Mac started hallucinating and writing poetry?
    Appzapper is my preferred removal tool, just drag to the trash and it should take all associated files with it.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Is it possible that you are referring to ABSYNTH, the synthesizer tool, and not Absinthe the iOS program?

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Is it possible that you are referring to ABSYNTH, the synthesizer tool, and not Absinthe the iOS program?
    Thank you all for your replies.

The icon in my Applications on my MacBook Bro is a green flame with a skeleton face in the middle of it. When I place the cursor over the Absinthe icon it does not highlight, when I click on it, nothing happens, when I ctrl click, the response is the same as if the icon were not there. I have restored my iPad to factory to try to get rid of Cydia, Installous, SBSettings and Activator which were put on at the same uninvited occasion as Absinthe on the MacBook Pro.
    I downloaded the free version of Mackeeper which didn't do much - perhaps I should cough up and buy the full package - would you recommend this?

I appreciate your suggestions.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by macviking View Post
    Thank you all for your replies.

The icon in my Applications on my MacBook Bro is a green flame with a skeleton face in the middle of it. When I place the cursor over the Absinthe icon it does not highlight, when I click on it, nothing happens, when I ctrl click, the response is the same as if the icon were not there. I have restored my iPad to factory to try to get rid of Cydia, Installous, SBSettings and Activator which were put on at the same uninvited occasion as Absinthe on the MacBook Pro.
    I downloaded the free version of Mackeeper which didn't do much - perhaps I should cough up and buy the full package - would you recommend this?

I appreciate your suggestions.
    Absolutely not. MacKeeper is probably worse than what you just went through. Do a forum search and you will find a lot on it as well as instructions on how to get rid of it.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Its not Absynth. its the other one, the Jailbreaker app.

In Finder, go to the Applications folder. find the icon, click on it, and press "cmd" + backspace. it may ask you to input your password. Do so, and it will put itself in the trash.

To get rid of Cydia factory reset the iPad (looks like youve done that already.)
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Quote Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
    Its not Absynth. its the other one, the Jailbreaker app.

In Finder, go to the Applications folder. find the icon, click on it, and press "cmd" + backspace. it may ask you to input your password. Do so, and it will put itself in the trash.

To get rid of Cydia factory reset the iPad (looks like youve done that already.)
    Brilliant!
    Thank you - I went into Applications and the icon would not react to the cursor. Then I had the idea to change the Applications appearance from large icons to "list" and, lo and behold, I was able to highlight Absinthe and Cmd + Backspace and it was gone. I also got rid of MacKeeper too although I cannot get rid of it from Trash yet. I'm going to try a routine shut down and restart and see if that does it.

Thanks again guys - great forum

Thread Information