Specs:
    15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
    Data Doubler Question, SSD where?
    Hey guys, going to be throwing a OWC 120gb SSD in my macbook pro and keep my 7200rpm 750gb drive as my media storage but have a question.

I read that keeping the platter drive in it's original place is best due to the mounting points, but I've also read that if you put the SSD drive in place of the optical drive you will have wake issues due to the computer not checking that connection.

Any truth to this? Where are you guys sticking your SSDs?

Specs:
    Late 2011 13" MBP Crucial M4 256gb SSD, 8 gb ram
    Late 2011 13" MBP - Replaced stock HD with OWC SSD and put larger HD in optibay. Moved home folder (with gigs and gigs of music, photos and movies) to HD. I know you are asking the opposite, but I have had zero problems with this set up, running very quick and stable. Picked up enclosure for original HD that I keep a current clone of SSD on in case SSD goes belly up, then all I have to do is swap out the drives and be back up and running quickly. You will love the difference the SSD makes. Good luck.

Ssd
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehorse84 View Post
    Hey guys, going to be throwing a OWC 120gb SSD in my macbook pro and keep my 7200rpm 750gb drive as my media storage but have a question.

I read that keeping the platter drive in it's original place is best due to the mounting points, but I've also read that if you put the SSD drive in place of the optical drive you will have wake issues due to the computer not checking that connection.

Any truth to this? Where are you guys sticking your SSDs?
    I put my 128GB Crucial drive in HDD bay.....NO PROBLEMS....boots almost instantly.....will be soon replacing optical with a backup SSD clone using superduper.

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    SSD in HDD default spot, HDD in optibay no problems at all.

Don't put the whole users folder on the HD as some sites suggest. I've found this slows everything down to HD speeds as OSX will need to access your users library app support folder everytime you launch an application.
    Rather stick everything on there that you don't need every day. Documents, Music, Movies, Pictures etc.

If you do it that way, OSX will not have to access the HD all the time, so I've set HD spindown time to 5 mins instead of 10.
    HOW TO: set disk spindown time for hard drives in a Mac The Warne Account
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Thread Information