New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Blu-Ray

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GrinderTV

GrinderTV is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

So I have a client that sent me a Blu-Ray disc with some video content that I need to edit. Come to find out Macs don't have internal Blu-Ray Readers. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this info off this disc and on to my External HD? I have been looking online for external BR Readers but the information is pretty choppy on some of them. Just looking for some friendly advice. Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Pretty much any BD drive should do. I have a Plextor model and tend to favor their disc drives as a general rule. They have a read-only model that is powered over USB, making connection much less of a hassle.
http://www.amazon.com/Plextor-PX-B12...tag=acleint-20

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
GrinderTV

GrinderTV is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro

Thank you for the reply. I will go check that out now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro microphone jack experience | Back light »