New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Old macbook, black port cables?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mike JD

Mike JD is on a distinguished road

Hi All

I've not posted on the site before just been reading for a while now
I have an issue im hoping someone can help me with,

I have a old macbook(black one) and i want to put the display up on the TV. 32"
Whats the display port called? is it mini display port?
Im looking for a cable to hdmi male or female.

Other option is i have ATV2 . can you display the macbook screen on ATV? i dont mind jailbreaking my TV if i have to.. I also have IP4 jailbroken and Ipad2...

Someone please help me

Thanks and kind regards
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

It's a mini-DVI cable you need.

Try one of these Apple Mini DVI to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (UK) then a DVI to HDMI cable to take it to your TV. You'll need to carry audio from the 3.5mm jack seperately.

That's assuming the connection looks like this:

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Mike JD

Mike JD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
It's a mini-DVI cable you need.

Try one of these Apple Mini DVI to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (UK) then a DVI to HDMI cable to take it to your TV. You'll need to carry audio from the 3.5mm jack seperately.

That's assuming the connection looks like this:
Thanks for your responce. Do you know if you can get a mini dvi to hdmi which would then send audio?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike JD View Post
Thanks for your responce. Do you know if you can get a mini dvi to hdmi which would then send audio?

No, you can not.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Early 2008 MacBook Win7 poor game performance. | Dieing MacBook ???!!!! »