New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Back light

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

buzzer

buzzer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2007 white Macbook 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Ram

Hi, was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem that i am having.
My back light on my notebook goes out at a certain point when the lid is open, if i open further or close it further it comes back on. I can see the page faintly so the information is getting to the screen i'ts just the back light not working.
I think the lead going to the screen must be getting pinched or something, does anyone know how much this will cost to repair.
I can ring an apple store but thought i would just post to see if anyone had any suggestions.
Many thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
SimplexTech2012

SimplexTech2012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook. 2GHz Core 2 Duo. 3GB DDR2 RAM. 320GB HDD. OSX (10.6.8)

It could be that the inverter cable is getting pinched in the display clutch or the inverter board itself may be failing. But it could also be something else. Take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider and have the problem diagnosed. The cost of the repair will vary depending on what part(s) are bad.

Dakota Hunter "Innovation leads to innovation."
QUOTE Thanks
buzzer

buzzer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2007 white Macbook 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplexTech2012 View Post
It could be that the inverter cable is getting pinched in the display clutch or the inverter board itself may be failing. But it could also be something else. Take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider and have the problem diagnosed. The cost of the repair will vary depending on what part(s) are bad.
Thanks for your reply will check with the Apple store.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blu-Ray | Help with MacBook Pro trackpad »