New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro won't completely turn on

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fatboy125

Fatboy125 is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I'm new here and this will be my first post, I hope yall can help me with my problem. I have a macbook pro 13.3" if I try to turn it on by just pushing the button the light on the front lights up and the cd drive makes some noise, but right after it shuts back off. If I hold the power button until the front light blinks and then goes back off I can then press the power button and it comes on normally, or if I hold the power button for about 7 seconds it will come on. It also does the same thing when it goes to sleep. I have tried to google around for this issue and have reset the PRAM, NVRAM and SMC as per

http://www.maclife.com/article/howto...won't_wake

but nothing has changed. Please let me know what yall think. If yall need any more info please let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
Fatboy125

Fatboy125 is on a distinguished road

Nevermind, the logic board had problems. Thanks for all your help 500+ views and no one even said welcome to the forum. Great forum I'll be sure to come here again.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Did you ever think that those 500 views might have been from visitors and not registered members. Look forward to your returnFatBoy125.
If i said welcome to every new member that signed up, without having a solution and considering that this time i put in here is all free and voluntary then i wouldn't have time to answer those questions that i do know. Its a weekend as well !!! The world doesn't revolve around you mate, no matter who you are.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Brand new MacBook Pro screen is so dim... | macbook pro upgrade »