New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help, can you change mac adress permentl?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hexadecimal

hexadecimal is on a distinguished road

I would like to change the mac address permanently on my macbook pro. I would also like to change the airport exterem id permently.

From what i understand i cant replace ethernet card on my mbp because it part of the motherbaord right, not seperate?
QUOTE Thanks
hexadecimal

anyone alive?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Really? It's been a whopping 20 minutes.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
hexadecimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Really? It's been a whopping 20 minutes.
Its a long time, Einsteins theory of relativity states that 20 minutes can seem like hours to you.
Haha
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

It can, but when you're asking for free help. Patience helps

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

The most recent issue of 2600 actually has a small article about changing your MAC address, and it's very OSX-friendly. It's not permanent, but I'm sure you could have something run at startup that would change the MAC address for you.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

from my understanding, the mac address is burned in processor board

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble using Seagate GoFlex Home external network storage | My Macbook Won't Read External Hard-Drive But Can Be Read On Others. »