Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi,

I downloaded Tenfourfox last night and hmmmm. Whereas Youtube plays mostly OK in Safari (not sure which version is on my powerbook) with click to flash installed also, Tenfourfox was useless - locking video and stuttering sound!

Is Camino worth trying instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyquin View Post
    I downloaded Tenfourfox last night and hmmmm. Whereas Youtube plays mostly OK in Safari (not sure which version is on my powerbook) with click to flash installed also, Tenfourfox was useless - locking video and stuttering sound!

I never cared for Camino much myself, and it fell way behind in development for a long time. I haven't used it in a few years though. Try it for yourself. It's free.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyquin View Post
    Hi,

I use Camino for all my older Macs, and in my opinion, it is the best web browser for older Macs. I can get youtube playback on my iMac G3 with it, pretty cool if you ask me.
    -Evan

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDude121 View Post
    I use Camino for all my older Macs, and in my opinion, it is the best web browser for older Macs. I can get youtube playback on my iMac G3 with it, pretty cool if you ask me.
    I guess it's still light on system resources compared to the other browsers. That has been one of its strong features since I first found out about Camino. It is missing some other features found from other browsers so it never became my main browser but I do remember it being good for older Macs for the reason you have stated.

Thread Information