New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

How easy to repair?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aleckz999

aleckz999 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys first post here from me,

I've been trawling around these forums for some time now, about 5 days ago I foolishly dropped some water on my macbook.
It now doesnt work. What happens is;

The Battery Charges; you can see this happening because the maglight charger turns from green to orange. And then when you Click battery button on the left side it shows you how much charge is left.

The Fan on the CPU you can occasionally hear spinning Loudly.
Other times when you turn the macbook on the white light on the bottom Right corner turns on.
The keyboard lights dont, nothing appears on the screen and after about 5 seconds it turns off and tries to start up again.

My First guess is because the machine doest even POST its the motherboard that is fried seeing as its the biggest part of the machine thats going to soak up the water.

So my first question is, how easy are the motherboards to get hold of for apple machines and how easy to replace?

This model is a MBPRO 13 MC375BA

2.66Ghz C2D
4GB HD
320GB HDD
320M Geforce GFX

Im fairly competent when it comes to computers i'v built this pc im using now.
The machine I bought at my shop I work at last year for 540 pounds. Which is a bargain, our shop gets all of the ex display stock from curry's shops all over the UK and because I work there I get them for cheaper.

Now after looking at this;
13" Apple Macbook Pro (Unibody), Faulty for spares or repair | eBay

Should I just put it on ebay and get all my money back? or should I try and fix it? What would you do?

Any help in this dilemma would be greatly appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
aleckz999

aleckz999 is on a distinguished road

300 views and not 1 post? what...?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Patience.
I suspect that you may not have read this...

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...ow-thread.html

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Patience.
I suspect that you may not have read this...

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...ow-thread.html
Yer nicer than I am mate

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Gh0st

Gh0st is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckz999 View Post
300 views and not 1 post? what...?
Hahaha all I could think was: