New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook 13" battery connector issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ViktorK

ViktorK is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody,

I have a 2008 early 13" macbook. The problem is, after I got the laptop the battery was completely out of order. I bought a new (replacement battery) one to use it but I can not boot from the battery, only from mains. OSX says Not Charging. And it does not go to sleep when I close the lid. I was looking around on forums and (apart from water damaged things) someone said the problem might be the battery connector. So I bought a new battery connector and changed it. Nothing has been changed. Not booting from battery. I could test it in another macbook, both the battery and the charger was working good so the problem is not with these parts. I checked the voltage on the pins which are connect with the battery. Altogether was around 5V. 4V on the second pin from the right and 1V on the first pin on the right. Nothing else.

When I took it apart I haven't seen any sign of water or liquid damage.

Does anyone have any idea what should I do?

The charger is green sometimes but mostly no color or very dimmed. As soon as I move it out from the socket, the macbook stops down. PRAM and SMC reset done.

The system and coconut battery app says the battery inserted, and every info is available like cycle count, max and current charge, etc.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Viktor
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Updating new MacBook Pro | How do I scan for malware/viruses? »