Thread: Serializer???

Serializer???

Serializer???
    I just replaced my logic board and realized that I can not find the tool to enter my serial number- does anyone have an answer? it is a macbook pro early 2008 intel 2.5

HELP!

Serializer???
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Please do not cross post. Your duplicate post in the OS X operating system forum has been removed. Only post in one forum. Thanks.

Re your question: There is no way to enter the new serial number when you replace a logic board.

Serializer???

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Please do not cross post. Your duplicate post in the OS X operating system forum has been removed. Only post in one forum. Thanks.

Re your question: There is no way to enter the new serial number when you replace a logic board.
    Sorry for the cross post- was not sure which thread/topic to post in- I have read in several different apple forums that there is a "blank board serializer"
    probably a mac service center only deal- anyway thanks

Serializer???

FYI- I did in fact find the software to write my serial number with success!

Serializer???
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    OK, thanks for posting back. How about a link so that others can benefit from your find?

Serializer???

Serializer
    OK, thanks for posting back. How about a link so that others can benefit from your find?
    Here is a DL from my drop box- totally did the trick you have to burn it to a cd with disk Utility so that it is a bootable image hold down the option key and select CD and follow the on screen prompts

BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR SERIAL NUMBER EXACTLY AS IT IS ON YOUR MAC CASE for MACBOOK PRO IT IS UNDER THE BATTERY (NOT SURE ABOUT OTHERS)

THIS IS FOR INTEL AND PPC ONLY BOARDS-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9694599/Blan...Serializer.zip

Serializer???
    Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    Can confirm this works, my brother did it when he replaced his faulty logic board from one on ebay.

However, it can only write to boards that have never been serialized and it is a software from Apple, that is considered a Apple Only Software. In-fact, it has a warning when you boot from it that your not allowed to redistribute it.
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Serializer???

I download that zip file, and make a bootable disc, but when it boots, i get a black screen with a underdash ("_ ") cursor that flashes, and doesn't show any instructions

Thread Information