New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Connecting MBPro to Dynex TV. No Audio!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NC311

NC311 is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I have been trying to connect my Macbook Pro to my Dynex TV using Rocket Fish mini Display port to HDMI adapter.. (RF-AP305) with HDMI cable (DX-AV008) I am aware that the MDP won't carry audio because my Macbook Pro is an older version that doesn't offer this capability. I am using a Dynex mini to rca Stereo cable (dx-mp3rca7) for audio, is this the appropriate cable to be using to get sound to play through my TV? I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. The picture is great on my TV from my macbook but no sound will play.

my dynex tv is dx-40L261A12

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
samsa

samsa will become famous soon enough

My understanding is that some HDTVs do not allow the user to select HDMI as video and another source as audio, probably since most devices can push audio through the HDMI connection. Not sure if your TV is one of those or not. Looking through the user manual for your particular model TV there does not appear to be a menu for selecting audio input.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help plz | Problems with an old Macbook »