Specs:
    ibook G4
    ibook keyboard HUMP
    Hi All,

I've just purchased my first ever mac, I must admit I'm impressed by it. It only took me 3/4 hours to get used to OSX, now when ever I'm using windows I wish I was on my ibook. But I do have a lsight problem.

When I bought my ibook the SPACE bar was slightly unaligned, causing it to rub against the plam rest.I took it back to the shop I bought it from and they fixed. But in doing to I now have a slight hump in my keyboard, this is at the right end of the space bar and also effect the APPLE key. I've taken the keyboard of a few times, but for the life of me I cant get rid of it. It seems to be due to the lack of a magnet in that area. I guess there is not one as thats where the keyboard strip cable sits. Normally I would just get the shop to fix it. But I'm in Brunei, customer care here is a joke and more often than not, a repair results in additional damage. So my question is:

1) Has anyone else experienced this problem, any ideas what I can do ti fix it.
    2) If I take my ibook in the genesis bar in London, do you think this is something they could resolve.
    3) How much would a new ibook keyboard set me back. In other words, whats the damage if I completely knacker it while trying to fix it.

Thanls for any help you can give. I've been reading these forums for about a month. I found them very helpful when deciding to purchase my ibook.

Thanks

Pete

Specs:
    iBook
    the same thing happens on my keyboard, i think its just the way it was designed so, nothing to worry about.

Specs:
    ibook G4
    thanks for the quick reply, I'll just have to live with it then. Cheers

Specs:
    iBook
    it annoys me too, but i just can't see the solution

Tel
    I have that too, I think its because the cable that connects the keyboard to the iBook is directly underneath. I just lifted the keyboard and just made sure the cable was flush against the iBook, helped a lot.

Thread Information