Recording with MBP
    I'm using music notation software and need to record mp3 file by playing the music from the notation software to Adobe Audition. Both program run in my Parallel Window virtual machine. I cannot figure how I can get the sound produced in one software being recorded in another.

Please help

WOW! Wow! I'm overwhelmed with the number of replies!!! Has everybody - I mean ALL - solved the problem I'm experiencing?

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe no one has a solution to offer you? These forums are manned by volunteers not paid technical support personnel. Just be patient and every once in awhile you can reply to your own post to bump it up toward the top.

North Louisiana, USA
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Two ideas occur to me as possible solutions. I am not able to test either at the memento but the good news is it won't cost anything to test.

1. The first thought is to Audio Hijack Pro. I believe it has the ability to feed sound from one application into another. The catch here is I an not sure it can intercept sounds from programs running in Parallels. It won't cost anything to try and if it does what you need the price is well worth it for such a versatile program.

2. Use a cable to connect the speaker jack to the mic jack and use recording software to record the sound. I have seen cables with the right connector on both ends dirt cheap. Something like this might do the job.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Dallas, Tx
    Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4
    If your using a midi interface I'm pretty sure you can use a program called Soundflower. Which is a virtual audio cable that will allow you to play audio in one program and record it in Audition. I do radio imaging and have used this program with Audition CS5.5...Also another good idea is to check out There is a forum under the request tab called the engineers shack, which is filled with production gurus that could definitely answer this question for you. You need to sign up and become a member but its free. hope this helps.

Thread Information