New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Recording with MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

russkibass

russkibass is on a distinguished road

I'm using music notation software and need to record mp3 file by playing the music from the notation software to Adobe Audition. Both program run in my Parallel Window virtual machine. I cannot figure how I can get the sound produced in one software being recorded in another.

Please help
QUOTE Thanks
russkibass

russkibass is on a distinguished road

WOW! Wow! I'm overwhelmed with the number of replies!!! Has everybody - I mean ALL - solved the problem I'm experiencing?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you ever stop to think that maybe no one has a solution to offer you? These forums are manned by volunteers not paid technical support personnel. Just be patient and every once in awhile you can reply to your own post to bump it up toward the top.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Two ideas occur to me as possible solutions. I am not able to test either at the memento but the good news is it won't cost anything to test.

1. The first thought is to Audio Hijack Pro. I believe it has the ability to feed sound from one application into another. The catch here is I an not sure it can intercept sounds from programs running in Parallels. It won't cost anything to try and if it does what you need the price is well worth it for such a versatile program.

2. Use a cable to connect the speaker jack to the mic jack and use recording software to record the sound. I have seen cables with the right connector on both ends dirt cheap. Something like this might do the job.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Mooseknuckles

Mooseknuckles is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 15" Iphone4

If your using a midi interface I'm pretty sure you can use a program called Soundflower. Which is a virtual audio cable that will allow you to play audio in one program and record it in Audition. I do radio imaging and have used this program with Audition CS5.5...Also another good idea is to check out Radiodaddy.com.. There is a forum under the request tab called the engineers shack, which is filled with production gurus that could definitely answer this question for you. You need to sign up and become a member but its free. hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with an old Macbook | Old G4 Pro Powerbook »