New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help plz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pradovski

Pradovski is on a distinguished road

HELP PLZ

OK, so here is the deal, i bought a last gen. macbook air 5 months ago and when i turn it on, it takes forever on the start up scream, and i mean it. It doesn't get past it.

I don't know what to do.

The last two things i've done different were using transmission for torrent, now i have changed to utorrent. And the other thing was using samsung S2 external HDD as back up, with time machine.

Since it happened the first time(2 days ago), i have already "fixed the problem" 3 times. I turn on the mac holding option, then i go to recovery disk and then i do a total back up with the time machine, what takes about 3 hours.

But it keeps happening each time i turn off and on my mac again :/

It's a 128 SSD, intel core i5, 4gb of RAM and 13 inch
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Make an appointment Monday with the Genius Bar or your APple reseller. It is still under warranty. Not running MacKeeper or downloading pirated software which sometimes can transfer trojans to your computer?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Pradovski

I do not run mackeeper, should i??

I haven`t gone yet to an apple genius because in my country there isn`t, lol, but if the problem happens again i`m gonna call apple

I`ve got apple care anyway

I haven`t turned off my mac since then lol
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

No avoid MacKeeper and all its associate products like the plague.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Pradovski

Ok, thanks.

Well, the problem happened again. I`m calling them tomorrow

Just one question. I formatted the samsung s2 external HDD as Journaled, sensitive

But on the manual it was written to do it simply as journaled. It may be the source of t problem or not??

Actually my mac did it alone, for The Time Machine.

I`ve just done a regular partition now for my stuff
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do you know how to split my laptop monitor... | Connecting MBPro to Dynex TV. No Audio! »