New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Trying to connect MacBook to Sony monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rhoffart

rhoffart is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I am a recent convert to Mac products. I'm trying to connect a MacBook to a Sony display monitor. The monitor connects fine to a desktop windows PC, but I am not pushing the the right buttons to connect my MacBook. I'm using a mini display port to VGA connection. As soon as I plug it in, I see the background of the Macbook but that's it. And the mouse goes nuts - will hardly move. Can any of you seasoned users share your wisdom? Thank you so much!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
SimplexTech2012

SimplexTech2012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook. 2GHz Core 2 Duo. 3GB DDR2 RAM. 320GB HDD. OSX (10.6.8)

Does the desktop background picture show up on the external monitor? If that's all that comes up then Extended Desktop is enabled. You can drag a window from your MacBook screen to the external monitor. If you just want to mirror what on your screen, go to the Displays menu in the menu bar or in System Preferences and click on "Turn Video Mirroring On." The cursor going crazy on the other hand, I have no idea what would cause that to happen.

Dakota Hunter "Innovation leads to innovation."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook- External LCD tv Display | CD/DVD Drive Problem - Macbook Pro »