Purchased MBA at Auction and need help!
    I bought a used MBA 13" at an estate auction this weekend. I wasn't able to fire it up before the auction but I thought it looked like it was in great shape. Turns out it is a newer one with an SSD. The model number is A1369.

I charged it up and turned it on and it goes to a full-disk encryption boot logon page (WinMagic Secure Doc). It asks for a user name and password that I obviously don't have. I contacted the auction company and was told I'm on my own.

I've tried to by-pass and re-format, re-install the OS with no luck.

What can I do?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by was1721 View Post
    I bought a used MBA 13" at an estate auction this weekend. I wasn't able to fire it up before the auction but I thought it looked like it was in great shape. Turns out it is a newer one with an SSD. The model number is A1369.

I charged it up and turned it on and it goes to a full-disk encryption boot logon page (WinMagic Secure Doc). It asks for a user name and password that I obviously don't have. I contacted the auction company and was told I'm on my own.

I've tried to by-pass and re-format, re-install the OS with no luck.

What can I do?
    Only thing I can suggest is take it to an Apple Store along with your bill of sale.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Good advice from Razormac. If it's a newer Air and it's locked with a firmware password, only Apple can unlock it. If it's a third party encryption scheme, Apple is not going to be able to help. You may have to pull the SSD and install a new one. $$$

Thread Information