New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro unibody case

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blackoutbear

blackoutbear is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, very new here and i couldnt find exactly what i was after in search, so anyway i have a early 2011 mbp i7 15inch, bought in september 2011, and anyway more to the point, my girlfriend has thrown my laptop on my bed, and it bounced off and landed quite hard on a corner of a table (hard to explain but thats what happened) and now there is now quite an annoying dent in the rear plate of my mbp, and i was wondering how you go about getting a new plate? or where from? and has made the fine smooth edging of the once sealed mbp to be pronouced. So i was wondering can you buy just the plate? or do i have to send it in for a repair to apple?

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I meant the bottom case.
QUOTE Thanks
Easyflier

Easyflier is on a distinguished road

Not sure if you are talking about the bottom case or top case corner, but here are the parts you are looking for:

Bottom case

Top case

Regardless, it is an expensive fix for a dent... :-/

Hope this helps,

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
YosemiteSam81

YosemiteSam81 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Air, 1.7GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD; iPhone 4s; iPod Classic 6th Gen

Ouch! I hope this works out for you and I hope your girlfriend realizes that she should never throw a MacBook lol

"It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence."- William Kingdon Clifford
QUOTE Thanks
blackoutbear

blackoutbear is on a distinguished road

According to apple its looking like a $355 dollar fee for replacement + or - $120 if i want them to inspect for internal damage!
QUOTE Thanks
Easyflier

Easyflier is on a distinguished road

The real question is: did you get rid of the girlfriend yet?
QUOTE Thanks
Leiyah

Leiyah is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD

I hope, at least, she's covering the cost.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How could I get this radio station play in my Apple? | not booting »