Mac Forums

Mac Forums (
-   Apple Notebooks (
-   -   Macbook Pro unibody case (

blackoutbear 01-16-2012 10:45 AM

Macbook Pro unibody case
Hi guys, very new here and i couldnt find exactly what i was after in search, so anyway i have a early 2011 mbp i7 15inch, bought in september 2011, and anyway more to the point, my girlfriend has thrown my laptop on my bed, and it bounced off and landed quite hard on a corner of a table (hard to explain but thats what happened) and now there is now quite an annoying dent in the rear plate of my mbp, and i was wondering how you go about getting a new plate? or where from? and has made the fine smooth edging of the once sealed mbp to be pronouced. So i was wondering can you buy just the plate? or do i have to send it in for a repair to apple?

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I meant the bottom case.

Easyflier 01-16-2012 11:23 AM

Not sure if you are talking about the bottom case or top case corner, but here are the parts you are looking for:

Bottom case

Top case

Regardless, it is an expensive fix for a dent... :-/

Hope this helps,


YosemiteSam81 01-17-2012 10:41 AM

Ouch! I hope this works out for you and I hope your girlfriend realizes that she should never throw a MacBook lol

blackoutbear 01-17-2012 11:07 AM

According to apple its looking like a $355 dollar fee for replacement + or - $120 if i want them to inspect for internal damage!

Easyflier 01-17-2012 03:37 PM

The real question is: did you get rid of the girlfriend yet?

Leiyah 01-22-2012 03:37 AM

I hope, at least, she's covering the cost.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.