Screen Brightness Not So Bright
    I searched around and could not find anything exactly on this, so I thought I would start a thread.

The brightness of the screen on my less that 1 year old 13-in. MBP (it's of the generation just before the most recent models) seems a little less bright. I'm talking about the brightness when I have manually adjusted the Brightness level to the maximum. It might be me, or it might be my old(er) eyes, but I seem to perceive that it is not quite so bright as it was not long ago.

This problem, if it is a problem, will have to get a lot worse before anyone can do anything about it, but I just thought I would throw the whole issue out there and see if anyone else has experienced same.

Thanks!
    MacBook Pro 13.3" 2.66 GHz OS 10.9.5
    Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Date of Manufacture: Mid-2010

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
    The brightness of the screen on my less that 1 year old 13-in. MBP (it's of the generation just before the most recent models) seems a little less bright. I'm talking about the brightness when I have manually adjusted the Brightness level to the maximum. It might be me, or it might be my old(er) eyes, but I seem to perceive that it is not quite so bright as it was not long ago.
    The "perceived" brightness of a laptops display can vary greatly depending where you are. Sitting next to a sunny window during the day...or in a dark room at night.

But if your display truly seems less bright than it used to...and the computer is less than 1 year-old...get to an Apple Store...and have them check it out.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Duly noted, Nick. Thanks.

As I hinted above, I think it will have to become something more evident before anyone will be able to diagnose it as a problem. I notice it because I am on the computer every day and even I am not certain that there s a problem!

I have AppleCare, so (I assume) there is time.

Specs:
    Duly noted, Nick. Thanks.

As I hinted above, I think it will have to become something more evident before anyone will be able to diagnose it as a problem. I notice it because I am on the computer every day — and even I am not certain that there s a problem!
    Yeah...I doubt that the Apple Store would have any sort of measuring device to measure the brightness (nits or candelas per square meter (cd/m2))...the best they could probably do (if they even think about it)...is compare it to another unit (if your model is still available in the Apple Store). And even then...there is variation between similar units.

If things got real serious...they would probably have to ship it somewhere for more exhaustive testing/evaluation.

I have AppleCare, so (I assume) there is time.
    Yeah like you said...as long as your 12 months of Applecare is not about to run out...or you have extended Applecare...you're fine for the moment.

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
    Definitely time if you have AppleCare. Just be sure that your aware of the expiration date!

I bought the AppleCare product when I bought the MBP. It's covers 3 years from date of purchase, doesn't it?

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
    Depending on what option you got yes. If I remember correctly there was and option for 1 year and one for 3 years right? Or am I getting that mixed up with the mfg warranty.

Specs:
    I bought the AppleCare product when I bought the MBP. It's covers 3 years from date of purchase, doesn't it?
    Here's the "graphic" that Apple has on their site regarding the Applecare warranty:

Apple - Support - AppleCare - Mac and Apple Display

- Nick

I called AppleCare. Mine is 3 years from date of purchase.

screen brightness
    I searched around and could not find anything exactly on this, so I thought I would start a thread.

This problem, if it is a problem, will have to get a lot worse before anyone can do anything about it, but I just thought I would throw the whole issue out there and see if anyone else has experienced same.

Thanks!
    Go to your System Preferences and click on Display. Make sure that your brightness bar is all the way to full strength..most likely this is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca G. View Post
    Go to your System Preferences and click on Display. Make sure that your brightness bar is all the way to full strength..most likely this is the solution.

Already did/knew that, but thank you.

My screen is probably within the norm. I was just floating the question to see if this model had any issues that I ought to know about.

Thread Information