New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

mouse button double clicking?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jonnex

hi,

Ive got a slight problem with my ibook mouse trackpad button. Often when i click once the action on screen is as if i had double clicked it. Ive realised using firefox on mac that there are more little shortcuts put in to some things on the OS to supposedly make it quicker, but some of them dont work well at all. (see firefox trackpad issues..) so that led me to think this could be a setting that i could change, especially as some of the single button mice on the macs we have at uni seem to do the same thing. is there an option i can check so that clicking the mouse only ever does a single click, or is this just a faulty button?
thanks in advance!
Jonny
QUOTE Thanks
austing

austing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PB 15" 1.33ghz 512mb 80gb iPod 5G White

This just started happening to me on my powerbook and its annoying the heck out of me. i'll accidently open files that i just want to select and stuff its really annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by austing
This just started happening to me on my powerbook and its annoying the heck out of me. i'll accidently open files that i just want to select and stuff its really annoying.
i wonder if its just a sticky button..i seriously hope there's something you can change in the settings!! thing is, even when it acts like i double clicked it still definately sounds like the button clicked once.. any help?
QUOTE Thanks
austing

austing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PB 15" 1.33ghz 512mb 80gb iPod 5G White

yeh same here. also sometimes i click it won't click like on the comptuer.
QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

have you guys checked under system preferences --->keyboard & mouse settings ---> trackpad ---> trackpad gestures ---> clicking (this button should be unchecked to prevent double clicking)

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear
have you guys checked under system preferences --->keyboard & mouse settings ---> trackpad ---> trackpad gestures ---> clicking (this button should be unchecked to prevent double clicking)
thanks, good suggestion, but unfortunately it was already turned off on mine,meaning it must be a faulty button. oh well, i can live with it i suppose.
thanksf or your help and suggestions!
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i quit using the track pad for clicking. it was way too sensitive and it is just as easy to click the button.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Housing Bent Over CD Slot | I want to watch TV on my powerbook? »