New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook screen blue & fuzzy

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

asherj123

asherj123 is on a distinguished road

I was playing ps3 and out of rage on a game hit my bed mattress and my mac was on it, i didn't hit the mac but the screen is messed up now, it looks like this....

if anyone can help that'd be great!

Mac - YouTube
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Open your System Preferences panel and check two things:

1. Open Displays and make sure your MacBook is set on its native resolution. In other words nothing has been changed.

2. Likewise, open Universal Access and check the setting there; specifically the viewing part.

If both are OK, try resetting the PRAM.
QUOTE Thanks
asherj123

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Open your System Preferences panel and check two things:

1. Open Displays and make sure your MacBook is set on its native resolution. In other words nothing has been changed.

2. Likewise, open Universal Access and check the setting there; specifically the viewing part.

If both are OK, try resetting the PRAM.
None of that worked
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

The only other thing I can think of is something may have been jarred loose inside your MacBook when you thumped the mattress. Might be time to let Apple look at it.
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

DrEwTiMe42o is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM

One thing you can try is to hit control shift eject on the machine. That will reset the display on the mac and perhaps clean up the problem. Not at all sure if that will work but its worth a shot and can't harm anything on your machine. And from one gamer to another make sure to keep everything breakable away from you while playing those first person shooters lol. And remember, throwing anything at your TV is NEVER worth it
QUOTE Thanks
asherj123

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
The only other thing I can think of is something may have been jarred loose inside your MacBook when you thumped the mattress. Might be time to let Apple look at it.
Yeah i'm booked in to see them tomorrow, do they charge just to open it up and look inside it for a loose connection?

i've took an iphone into the apple store genius bar before which a few buttons didn't work on and they just took it in the back, opened it up and fixed it for free, took about 2 minutes. So i'm hoping it's just a loose connection, they open it up there and then and fix it and i don't have to pay anything

i tried the ctrl-alt-eject and it didn't work, thanks though
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM

It really depends like you said on what the problem is and how old your computer is. I took my MBP in and had the display replaced because of a couple dead pixels( i only noticed because i am beyond necrotic with my tech stuff) and they replaced it no problem for free. But that was covered by applecare. However if its a simple problem im sure if they charge you anything it can't be more then 50 bucks if its just a connection.
QUOTE Thanks
asherj123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEwTiMe42o View Post
It really depends like you said on what the problem is and how old your computer is. I took my MBP in and had the display replaced because of a couple dead pixels( i only noticed because i am beyond necrotic with my tech stuff) and they replaced it no problem for free. But that was covered by applecare. However if its a simple problem im sure if they charge you anything it can't be more then 50 bucks if its just a connection.
MacBook is late '06. No AppleCare
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

I was just thinking... Can you get a external monitor and connect it to see if that has the same issues? Then it would narrow it to an actual internal hardware issue.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Every program "quit unexpectedly" | Start up trouble »