How to format my mac
    Hello,

I'm selling mi mac (to buy a new one jeje) and i would like to get help from you guys; it's my first time selling a mac, so, what should i take into account? can i format it? put it back to it's fabric state? what about the licences (iwork, etc...)?

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks my friends

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    If you want to sell it with the OS installed, and iWork etc, then you just need to make a clean install (not archive and install) of the OS, and likewise iWork.
    Bear in mind though, that you need to sell the discs with the Mac, and that you will need to provide the admin password to the new owner, so that he/she can change it to thier own.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    If you want to sell it with the OS installed, and iWork etc, then you just need to make a clean install (not archive and install) of the OS, and likewise iWork.
    Bear in mind though, that you need to sell the discs with the Mac, and that you will need to provide the admin password to the new owner, so that he/she can change it to thier own.
    Thanks for your help,

What do you mean exactly with "make a clean install (not archive and install) of the OS, and likewise iWork." i have never installed mac OS

Many thanks for your help

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Ok. So you have your install disc for Leopard/Snow Leopard, yes?
    If you insert it into your Mac, and reboot while holding down "C", you will bring up the installer screen.
    When you start installing you can select whether to archive and install, to preserve your settings etc> or just make a clean install, which will wipe everthing, and basically start from scratch. You want to make a clean install.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    Ok. So you have your install disc for Leopard/Snow Leopard, yes?
    If you insert it into your Mac, and reboot while holding down "C", you will bring up the installer screen.
    When you start installing you can select whether to archive and install, to preserve your settings etc> or just make a clean install, which will wipe everthing, and basically start from scratch. You want to make a clean install.
    But if i make a clean install i will loose my licenses (iwork, vmware Fussion, etc..) right? i don't want to loose my licenses

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by danndp View Post
    But if i make a clean install i will loose my licenses (iwork, vmware Fussion, etc..) right? i don't want to loose my licenses
    You still have the license keys right?
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Thread Information