Question A little confused
    So i was looking at my itunes and it shows in total i have 75gbs of music, then i look at my music folder and it shows that i have 151gbs.... I'm trying to clear some space on my hard drive and i guess i am confused on how it is double in my music folder. I have checked to see if i have double of each song but i do not. What am i missing here?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    There could be multiple reasons for this. First, the iTunes folder house all the content that iTunes manages including movies, podcasts and TV shows. Do you have any of that? Second, the folder also contains music that was managed by iTunes but may no longer be. Therefore, the files may still exists but aren't seen by iTunes.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    There could be multiple reasons for this. First, the iTunes folder house all the content that iTunes manages including movies, podcasts and TV shows. Do you have any of that? Second, the folder also contains music that was managed by iTunes but may no longer be. Therefore, the files may still exists but aren't seen by iTunes.
    I don't have any movies or anything of that sort in there, i have a different folder for that... how would i go about figuring out what music isn't managed by itunes?... i'm pretty sure all of it is because when i first got the mac i used an external hard drive to transfer music and i created the music folder than dropped all of it into itunes.

Thread Information