New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Please Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macschmidt

macschmidt is on a distinguished road

Hello, My Macbook Pro is having serious issues. It is late 2011, runs Lion, 13" 2.8 ghz, and when I run Google Chrome, I get a measly 2 hours of battery life out of it.

Thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
flyhigh13

flyhigh13 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mbp15inch, 2.2 ghz quad core, 512 mb video ram, 4gb ram/ Imac 21inch 2010

What else do you have open? Are you running a lot of extensions on google chrome? another possibility is are you watching Netflix or some other movie client server?

and i also have the llate 2011 so, if you watch a lot of flash video your battery life isn't great.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Some people have noticed a major battery decrease with Lion. But 2 hours on a brand new MacBook is not normal at all. Bring it into your nearest Apple store, they should fix it right up for you.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
macschmidt

See, the really weird problem is the following. First, I don't have any extensions running on Chrome, and I have no other applications open. I am simply on Google Docs or maybe Gmail. Also, I brought the laptop into the Apple Store this morning, and they said it was perfectly fine and was holding a charge normally.

D:
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by macschmidt View Post
See, the really weird problem is the following. First, I don't have any extensions running on Chrome, and I have no other applications open. I am simply on Google Docs or maybe Gmail. Also, I brought the laptop into the Apple Store this morning, and they said it was perfectly fine and was holding a charge normally.

D:
That's very strange. 2 hours of battery life is abysmal. They should have ran a full test to see how long it took for the battery to run out into sleep mode.

Almost makes me wonder if this whole Lion - Battery Life issue is more prominent that I originally thought.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

The first thing to do is work out what's causing the drain.
From the first post I'd suggest the Chrome is at fault.

But to be sure. Fully quit Chrome. With a fully charged battery go about your normal business but use Safari instead of Chrome. Don't even start Chrome.
Do you have the same battery issues?

Oh.... Welcome to the forums btw.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
macschmidt

Thanks for all the help you guys.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Turning Off Battery Charging to Extend Life While Running On AC? | "Connecting" Mac Air to iMac MC309 »