Airport Extreme Issue
    Hi everyone,

I've been having an issue with my Airport Extreme Card lately. I have a MacBook (13-inch Early 2008... yup kinda old stuff) that has been running smoothly ever since I bought it. In these last weeks, however, the Airport Card has begun to fail. Initially it only failed to turn on once I waken the mac from sleep. I used to, either Shut it down and turn it on after a while (if I wasnt on a hurry) or having it restart.

This work for a two-weeks-to-a-month period but since Sunday it just stopped detecting it at all. Whenever I turn on my Mac the airport sign at the top appears empty and when I click on it it appears a "No Airport Card detected", even in the System Profile information fails to appear. Whenever (because I've tried to turn it on every once in a while through these three long days) it DOES appear as detected it just fails to to turn it on.

Regardless, I've been without internet in my mac for three days and been using awful Windows Vista material from my bro (hence my urgency to resolve this issue).

So, in this case... should I (can I) buy a new Airport Card Extreme? In this case, how does installation of the new card work? If I cannot buy a new card... what can I do? I'm planning to buy a new MacBook Pro somewhere after summer... should I just wait 'till then?

I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Thanks and I'll be attentive,

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    A new Airport Card for your MacBook is available from several resellers. Off hand I don't remember the price it's going for or which card your machine takes, however, start here at iFixit: The free repair manual. They have step by step instructions on how to change one out and may also have one in stock you can buy.

One thing about changing out an airport card.... be real careful not to damage or re-orient the antenna wires.

Thread Information