New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Keyboard/ Trackpad not responding

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

w33d

w33d is on a distinguished road

I replaced the hinges on my macbook yesterday. After re-assembling the topcase (the keyboard, trackpad and palmrest area) the power button did not turn on the machine. I then used another topcase and everything worked perfectly.

A few swaps of the topcases later revealed that the original was faulty, so I have ordered another one at a low(ish) cost.

My problem is that now the other topcase is not working properly! And now to make things even worse I've torn the ribbon cable. I will have to wait for the new one to arrive before making sure everything is working.

I am concerned I may have damaged the logic board. What are the chances? Or am I just being paranoid?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with upgrading my RAM | MacBook Pro late 2009 hardware issue »