Member Since: Jan 26, 2008
01-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is in the right place; sorry if it's not.
I have a late 2008 aluminum MacBook with a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB of RAM. Windows 7 and Lion are installed on this machine.
Let me run you through a sequence of events...
- Booted into Windows 7, installed some software updates (including SP1)
- Rebooted, played Star Wars The Old Republic
- Computer ran out of battery, went to sleep
- Got charger, woke up computer, clicked around a bit, computer froze
- Held down power button to restart, stuck at Windows startup screen
- Booted into safe mode, uninstalled today's software updates. No dice
- Decided to boot into OS X, same thing happened…stuck at startup screen. Safe mode works, which is how I'm posting this.
Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this? When I try to verify/repair the HD in Disk Utility, it passess in an instant which seems odd.
Neither Windows nor OS X will boot up unless it's in safe mode.