Thread: Printers

Question Printers
    Just bought a macbook pro 13", want to get a printer, but not sure which would be the best? What are my options? If anyone could give some info it would be appreciated! Live in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Specs:
    21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
    Congrats on the Macbook Pro.

What are you going to use the printer for e.g. photo printing, mostly Black & White Text etc.? How often and how much are you goint to print?

What features are most important to you.
    Quality, good colour, speed.

Providing some of the above information will help you get good feedback from the Forum.

DavidH

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    There are lots of options for printers. You need to narrow it down to what your needs are and then you can decide on a printer.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by HHenkes View Post
    Just bought a macbook pro 13", want to get a printer, but not sure which would be the best? What are my options? If anyone could give some info it would be appreciated! Live in Calgary, AB, Canada.
    There are soooo many features in printers...you need to let us know which are most important to you!

One feature not yet mentioned is "wireless" capability. I just got a wireless printer recently...REALLY convenient to be able to put it almost anywhere (as long as there's an outlet nearby). This assumes you have a wireless network at your location.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    There are soooo many features in printers...you need to let us know which are most important to you!

One feature not yet mentioned is "wireless" capability. I just got a wireless printer recently...REALLY convenient to be able to put it almost anywhere (as long as there's an outlet nearby). This assumes you have a wireless network at your location.

- Nick
    I don't have a wireless Printer but hooking it up to Time Capsule gives me that feature. ^-^
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    I don't have a wireless Printer but hooking it up to Time Capsule gives me that feature. ^-^
    Yes...I did this for a while with an older printer...but my Time Capsule & cable modem are in my basement. So I got tired of running up and down the stairs every time I wanted to print something...extra irritating if the print job didn't turnout the way I wanted it...so then a 2nd or 3rd trip.

But a Time Capsule or Apple Extreme Base Station (both products are pretty pricey new...I got mine used)...is an excellent way to be able to print wirelessly with an older non-wireless printer!...and even better if everything is located in a convenient location!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information