New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Disabled Trackpad!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Setsuna

Setsuna is on a distinguished road

OK, so I found out that someone... Clicked off the check marks to use the "Tap to Click" all the way down to the "Secondary Click (Right Corner)", and now my trackpad will not click anything. What should I do, and how do I fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Assuming you don't have a mouse to hook up, you can navigate using just the keyboard.

Use Control+F2 (on a Mac with the brightness adjustment on F2, use Fn+Control+F2) to select the Apple menu. Tap the spacebar to open the menu. Use the arrow keys to highlight System Preferences. Tap the spacebar to open System Preferences. Then, tap the tab key until Trackpad is highlighted. Tap Space to open the Trackpad preferences. Use the tab to cycle through available options and use space to click.

That should do the trick.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Setsuna

Setsuna is on a distinguished road

So the shortcut works, however, the Tab key will not work since it is stuck in the "Search Bar" and will not tab down from that... Any tips, please and thank you?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
So the shortcut works, however, the Tab key will not work since it is stuck in the "Search Bar" and will not tab down from that... Any tips, please and thank you?
I'm not sure about which search bar you're referring to. If I manually put the cursor into the search field in the System Preferences window, I can tab out of it.

If I control+F2 to open the menu bar, I can do nothing to get to the spotlight search field (aside from doing Command+Space). It will only toggle through the different menus either with the tab key or the cursor keys.

Have you tried hitting the Esc key?

Which Mac model are you using?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I use this microphone with my MBP? | Buying a MBP 17 inch, conflicting advice incoming »