New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Noob. Superdrive help is needed!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skittle_107

skittle_107 is on a distinguished road

I purchased two broken macbook's off one of my buddy's for $25. He said they couldn't be fixed, he had tried countless times. I figured I'd give it a shot and if I couldn't, I'd just part them out. 3 hours later one is working just fine and i'm using it to post this question.

The macbook in question is Model Number: A1181

for some reason the optical drive had been removed from the laptop. He threw one in with the sale, and I'm having trouble finding what I need online. The ribbon it came with doesn't seem to be able to plug into the logic board. I've looked on ebay and craigslist, but the only ribbon that I can find is the one I have. Pictures below to what i'm talking about. I'm a mac noob, just wondering if someone could chime in and help me out

female end on the logic board

ribbon I have that came with the optical drive

reverse side

any help is appreciated

- Scott
QUOTE Thanks
skittle_107

bump.

someone has to know
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Try:

iFixit: The free repair manual

or

Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad
QUOTE Thanks
skittle_107

To the top
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Constant Redirecting of Ext. HD in Itunes | New Macbook Pro 2011 RAM Question »