New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Macbook Air or Macbook Pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Luke104

Luke104 is on a distinguished road

Ok, so im really stuck on what to get, I have around 1000 to spend, that can get me the base model macbook pro 13inch, or the highest spec 11inch macbook air, I prefer the portability and size of the air but obviously the pro is more powerful.

I will mainly be using it for video editing, iOS development and general word processing, I will also be traveling a lot.

So, what do you suggest?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If I was in your boat, I'd go for the MacBook Pro. If you're limited to 1000, and if video editing is your aim then I'd get as much screen real estate as you could.

With the addition of a CD drive, the ability to upgrade the RAM and HDD after purchase yourself, and the fact it only weighs an extra kilo make it a no brainier in my view.

If you were to buy the Air, you can't install more RAM, which could prove to be an issue further down the line when you start processing larger and larger video files.

The processor is also a somewhat watered down in the MacBook Airs, there's no denying they look good, but I feel if it was me, once the initial novelty had worn off I'd regret not buying the MacBook Pro.

That's what I'd buy, and why.

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

We have a 13 in MBA and love it, but not our only Mac. In your case I would definitely go with the Pro.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerBook g4 will not boot up | New MacBook Battery won't update? »