New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Video card Fried?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HardeepOne

HardeepOne is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, so I've been having some serious problems with my MacBook Pro, early 2011 version. I don't believe that I have the warranty anymore, but before going to my local Apple store which means hour and hours and hours of waiting.

I was hoping some of you guys could shed some light on my issue. I have included a picture that shows my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys, and Happy Holidays.

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Every MacBook Pro that was released in 2011 is still covered under Apple's one year warranty as a minimum. Take it on in to your local Apple store. Make an appointment first by phone.
QUOTE Thanks
HardeepOne

HardeepOne is on a distinguished road

My friend is saying that this Mac is from Mid-2010? I'm new to macs so I'll take his advise. But I'm still going to make an appointment to go see them. Would you happen to know what the issue is?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardeepOne View Post
My friend is saying that this Mac is from Mid-2010? I'm new to macs so I'll take his advise. But I'm still going to make an appointment to go see them. Would you happen to know what the issue is?
It's difficult to know what the issue is exactly. Apple has special diagnostic software (and experience) to troubleshoot things more accurately.

If I was to guess (and if this problem happens in more then one software application)...then it's probably (as your title mentioned) the video hardware.

Which means a new logic board...and if this computer no longer has Applecare coverage...will mean at least a $500-$700+ repair bill. Unless...there is some sort of special extended repair program (which has happened before with video hardware issues on previous models from the 2007-2008 timeframe)...but as far as I know...nothing that covers MacBook Pro's from 2010 (or 2011) whichever model this laptop is.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
zewazir

zewazir will become famous soon enough

There are several possibilities, including a loose LVDS cable, bad cable, or bad video driver. If you have an adapter to connect an external monitor, this will tell you whether it is logic board or display related problem.
QUOTE Thanks
yamaha

yamaha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Which One? Haha

I dont know exactly what is wrong but what I do know is that you have a lot of tabs open.

2006 15" MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Dies While Plugged in. Adaptor? | Need Help Please! »