Video card Fried?

Video card Fried?
    Hey guys, so I've been having some serious problems with my MacBook Pro, early 2011 version. I don't believe that I have the warranty anymore, but before going to my local Apple store which means hour and hours and hours of waiting.

I was hoping some of you guys could shed some light on my issue. I have included a picture that shows my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys, and Happy Holidays.

Video card Fried?
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Every MacBook Pro that was released in 2011 is still covered under Apple's one year warranty as a minimum. Take it on in to your local Apple store. Make an appointment first by phone.

Video card Fried?

My friend is saying that this Mac is from Mid-2010? I'm new to macs so I'll take his advise. But I'm still going to make an appointment to go see them. Would you happen to know what the issue is?

Video card Fried?
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by HardeepOne View Post
    My friend is saying that this Mac is from Mid-2010? I'm new to macs so I'll take his advise. But I'm still going to make an appointment to go see them. Would you happen to know what the issue is?
    It's difficult to know what the issue is exactly. Apple has special diagnostic software (and experience) to troubleshoot things more accurately.

If I was to guess (and if this problem happens in more then one software application)...then it's probably (as your title mentioned) the video hardware.

Which means a new logic board...and if this computer no longer has Applecare coverage...will mean at least a $500-$700+ repair bill. Unless...there is some sort of special extended repair program (which has happened before with video hardware issues on previous models from the 2007-2008 timeframe)...but as far as I know...nothing that covers MacBook Pro's from 2010 (or 2011) whichever model this laptop is.

Good luck,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Video card Fried?

There are several possibilities, including a loose LVDS cable, bad cable, or bad video driver. If you have an adapter to connect an external monitor, this will tell you whether it is logic board or display related problem.

Video card Fried?
    Specs:
    Which One? Haha
    I dont know exactly what is wrong but what I do know is that you have a lot of tabs open.
    2006 15" MacBook Pro

Thread Information